tagged me, once again.
You have to post ALL the Rules.
Each person has to share 13 things about themselves.
Answer 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
Chose 13 people.
You have to legitimately tag 13 people.
You CAN'T say you don't do tags.
Tag-backs are ALLOWED.
YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY! NO COMMENTS! Unless you're talking ABOUT the entry.
You have to finish within a week. If you don't finish in time, you have to do whatever the creator tells you.
Be creative with the title. No "I got tagged" stuff.
1. Today I bought a new backpack to me. I have a really nice shoulder bag, but it made my shoulders hurt, so I needed something more ergonomic for carrying my things.
2. I really like "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series, but hate its so-called TV-adaptation "Game of Thrones".
3. Speaking of ASoIaF, my favorite POV characters in it are Sansa Stark (), Jaime Lannister and Theon Greyjoy.
4. Based on the sound, my favorite phrases in Russian are "к сожалению" (means "unfortunately") and "Счастливого пути!" (means "Have a nice journey!").
5. I love MasterChef Australia. I admire the contestants' skills and passion for food, and the judges are nicely critical and supportive (and funny, as well).
6. If I could watch any film today, it would be Jean Cocteau's "La belle et la bête" (or, "The Beauty and the Beast"). It seems such a fascinating and beautiful film.
7. One of my ancestors is (presumably) Jacobus Finno (ca. 1540-1588). He published the first hymnal in Finnish, as a part of the Protestant Reformation in Finland.
8. Iceland is the only Nordic country I haven't visited yet.
9. I followed the Rio Olympics quite eagerly, especially athletics and swimming races.
10. I love going to student sittnings or "sitsit", as they're known in Finnish. Drinking songs are just great.
11. My favorite foreign versions of "Let It Go" are the Estonian and the French one. Actually, I even learned to sing the French version, but I don't remember the lyrics anymore.
12. I'd like to better at handicrafts, such as sewing, knitting and crocheting.
13. I believe that the world would be much better place to live, if kindness was more appreciated as a trait and a way to behave.
The 13 questions for this humble self to answer...
1. Do you believe in ghosts?
2. Your favorite video game/s?
None, I'm not a gamer.
3. What are your favorite quotes?
I really like this quote by Oscar Wilde: "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Also, this one by Tuomas Holopainen (from the Nightwish song "Lagoon"): “Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness”.
4. If a witch were to turn you into an animal of your choice, what animal would it be?
I'd like to be a clever and adaptable animal. Because I also like birds, I'd like to be a raven (or any other bird in the genus Corvus, really).
5. The book/comic/manga you last read/are currently reading?
I'm currently reading "Emma" by Jane Austen (finally!).
6. "The red-haired woman took off her shoes..." how would you continue this sentence?
"... and glanced from a window the world she had just left behind."
7. What music are you listening to right now?
8. What manga would you want to see translated to Finnish (or your own language, if you aren't a Finn)?
I don't read mangas, so no wishes from me.
9. When was the last time you visited a museum?
About a week ago, I visited Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova in Turku.
10. What is your favorite classical painting?
"Girl with a Pearl Earring" by Johannes Vermeer. I also adore the novel and the film based on it.
11. Name one of the greatest comic book characters of all time (your personal opinion).
Milou (or Snowy) from "The Adventures of Tintin". Because dogs are great.
12. What kind of superpower would you want? What would you do with it?
Eh, I'd prefer not to have one... But shapeshifting would be quite cool, I guess. I'd use that power for my own selfish purposes.
13. Your favorite historical era/place?
As a historian, I'm most interested in to study the long 19th century, that is the era from 1789 to 1914.
As usual, I skip making new questions and tagging new people. Because rules are made to be broken